The posts on this site have been written by Brendan Schuetze, except for the road trip posts, some of which were authored by Harrison Horst. This site’s outdated purely-HTML design was handcrafted by Brendan Schuetze in 2014.
- I grew up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and graduated from Hempfield School District in June 2014.
- From June 9 until June 28 2014, my friend and I traveled from Pennsylvania to Texas and back, during which this site functioned as a travelog.
- From July 8 until August 23 2015, I lived in a cabin in the wilderness of New Hampshire studying the presence of Large Woody Debris in the Dead Diamond river system.
- From January 5 to March 10 2016, I lived in the Washington D.C./NOVA area, and interned at Union Kitchen, a food-startup incubator. I ♥ D.C.; I hate the Metro.
- As part of the class of 2018, I studied cognitive science and geography at Dartmouth College. During undergrad, I was a research assistant for Professor Sean Kang.
- During my junior year, I lived in Prague for a term. I studied at Charles University – the oldest and most prestigious university in the Czech Republic.
- At Dartmouth, I was also a member of the Alpha Theta Gender-Inclusive Greek House.
- From 2018 until approximately 2023, I am studying educational psychology in the College of Education at the University of Texas at Austin. The Science of Metacognition and Learning (read "SLAM") Lab is my academic home. I am fortunate to be supported by UT Austin's Harrington Doctoral Fellowship.
- I love learning and reading about statistics. I am particularly interested in Bayesian probability, applying machine learning techniques, and trying to figure out exactly what the job title "data scientist" means.
- Someday I want to write the type of nonfiction that shows up on the "local interest" shelf of my nearest Barnes and Noble.
- Name Pronunciation: Schuetze = Chutes
- This is my most recent CV, which was last updated June 2018.